Rediscovering an Abandoned Path


It has been a hot minute since I have posted on this blog - eight years in fact which was never my intention but life just has a way of getting in the way. I had all but abandoned the herbal path, at least in the broader sense of sharing information and growing my business. I have still continued to learn, to grow, to experiment and try new things but it was very personal small scale for family and friends. Once upon a time herbalism was a very strong passion of mine, I had dreams of becoming that cottage herbalist of old creating remedies to heal all ills; it was a lovely fantasy but it didn't quite turn out that way because life rarely does. Over the past eight years my life has changed dramatically; some of it good, some of it not so good and I just couldn't find the time to devote myself to the path I had so passionately chosen only a few years before. I am hoping to change all of that now. I am hoping that once where I was so enthusiastic I can again re-embrace it and find myself walking the path of the herbalist once again. 

I have missed creating products, it was one thing I used to love to do, to experiment, to find recipes and tweak them to suit, to research all manner of herbs to create balms, elixirs and teas, to read all sorts of books and magazines absorbing all the knowledge. I haven't completely stepped away from working with herbs, I was just doing it in an alternate sense within a different but complimentary field. I am hoping that with some time I can regrow the herb gardens I once had, because one of the key elements to understanding herbs is understanding their lifecycle. The dried material can only teach you so much, and while it imparts very useful information, watching the plant go from seed to harvest keeps you very much in touch with the energetics of the herb. Yes, that does sound new agey, but if you want to get the most out of the plants you work with, you need to truly understand them beyond the packet they come in from the wholesaler.

So hello again everyone, I hope to be here more often; this post is something of a promise to myself to get back to my roots and embrace the art of working with herbs once again.





 

Comments